With only 4 ingredients, these Easy Coconut Energy Bites must be one of the best energy bite recipe out there. Not too long ago, I changed up one from the side of a peanut butter jar (thanks Kraft) and came up with these Easy Coconut Energy Bites.
File these bad boys under dangerously delicious. I can’t hardly stop eating them!
In fact, we’re just back from summer vacation at a cottage in Ontario (Kawartha lakes area to be a little more precise) and I wish I had a batch of these waiting in my freezer…
Sweet, but not TOO sweet - and filling, these Easy Coconut Energy Bites hit the spot for my craving for an afternoon snack or after supper treat.
Sweet, but not TOO sweet – and filling, these Easy Coconut Energy Bites hit the spot for my craving for an afternoon snack or after supper treat.
Have you tried making energy bites yet? Because they can be great way to not only get a hint of sweet into your day (who doesn’t love that) but they can also be a source of nutrition – fibre, omega3 fats or antioxidants.
The internet is full of awesome energy bite recipes – just google it and you’ll get like oh I dunno, 76 million hits in 0.78 seconds(!?)
But one of my fave blogger out there throwing down delicious no-bake bites is Gimme Some Oven’s recipe for no-bake bites – she’s got a ton of variations too.
I love how you can really customize the bites to whatever you like. I also have these Oat Energy Bites with Chia Seeds on my site that I love.
Super easy and delicious 🙂
No matter how you make ’em, energy bites can be a super addition to your recipe repertoire.
Have some fun and experiment! You won’t win them all but mistakes are easier to take when covered in peanut butter and chocolate 🙂
Ok, I better go continue the endless pile of laundry that is my bedroom…! Back to school in 2 days for these kids – wow!
Hope you love these energy bites and since we’re talking vacations and kid and back to school…do you LOVE back to school or is it more of a DREAD?? Hit reply and let me know 🙂
Easy Coconut Energy Bites
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 2 tsp Cinnamon to taste Optional
- 1 tsp vanilla Optional
- Add peanut butter and and maple syrup to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat this mixture for 20 seconds at a time in the microwave, about 3 times. Whisk between heating bouts. The mixture will start to smell amazing and it will dry out a bit and become fluffier.
- Add the oats and coconut to the peanut butter mixture. Stir well until throghougly combined.
- This mixture is really easy to pick up so you can use your hands or a melon baller to shape into balls.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week