It’s green smoothie tiiiiiiime.
Never tried one?
Then you my friend, are in for something good.
Ok, yes, I’ll admit.
A few years ago, I probably wouldn’t have been all “excited” about a smoothie. That was green. And “healthy”.
But things have changed 🙂
As I get *ahem* oh so slightly older, I’m looking for more and more ways to:
- Maximize nutrition
- Increase antioxidant intake
- Get more hydration
And this Glowing Green Smoothie does just that.
Now this is a variation on the world-famous Glowing Green Smoothie by Kimberly Snyder.
Although, even checking Ninja’s site, it looks as though they’ve really beefed up their product line!
The blender I have may be obsolete 🙂
Well, Christmas is coming…
I hope you try the green smoothie – and like it enough to have it a couple times a week 🙂
- 3 cups washed and chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 pear, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Add romaine, cucumber and celery with water to the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add pear and lemon
- Blend again until smooth
- You can use banana, apple in addition to the pear if you like. Also spinach can be added for even more nutrition.