High Protein Banana Bread is in the house!
In this recipe post, I’m featuring an oldie but a goodie – High Protein Banana Bread with Almond Flour!
A recipe tweaked by my BFF’s hubby to become the most awesomeness combo of delicious, nutritious and high protein snack.
I tried the almond flour out for a different taste and it’s really good. But you could use wheat flour if you prefer.
It’s dense though. No fluffy, muffin-style snack-stuffs here!
This High Protein Banana Bread recipe packs in about 100 grams of protein in just one loaf! That’s 8 grams of protein per slice. BOOM!
It’s also low in fat and can be made sugar-free.
I need to make another batch stat. I stocked up on bananas – strategically on Friday, buying super green, green-ish and ripe ones to fulfill the monkey-ness in my boys but they didn’t keep up their ape-like tendencies so I think my freezer will be quite stocked up with banana goodness soon.
Remember: when you freeze your bananas, peel them, cut them into chunks and freeze in Ziplock bags. No freezer full of brown, frozen and looking-dehydrated bananas for you my friend.
Hope you enjoy this recipe for High Protein Banana Bread!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup whey protein powder (plain or banana flavoured)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute like Splenda)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl combine the flour, protein powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a second bowl combine the bananas, sugar, milk, margarine and vanilla (and nuts if using). Add this mixture to first bowl and mix.
- Fill greased loaf pan (or muffin tins) with mixture and bake at 300 F for approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes (less for muffins).
- Tip: Use frozen bananas to save time mashing – freeze your bananas peeled, in chunks. Just take out of the freezer 15 minutes before you need them.