This Honey Mustard Chicken and Broccoli bake is outta this world.
It hits all the important marks for a super awesome recipe:
- it’s easy
- it’s healthy
- and the kids eat it (whoa)
Because of that, this One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Broccoli Bake is such a go-to recipe these days in our house
I could go on and on about why this recipe is so awesome.
I absolutely love this sheet because it’s great for baking full dinners easily and of course, for cookies.
The protein and major source of fibre in this recipe make it a great one to add to your prediabetes reversal repertoire.
As for actually making it, the only somewhat extra step is coating the chicken pieces in flour. It’s so they don’t dry out in the oven.
I haven’t tried it, but I would sub in boneless chicken thighs (with skin) for example and then wouldn’t worry about tossing in flour.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped in large chunks
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Fill a large pot up 2/3 of the way with water to boil.
- 2. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and toss in the flour.
- 3. Pan fry the chicken pieces in a little oil until brown on all sides. When the water is boiling, place the potatoes into the pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- 5. Whisk all sauce ingredients together.
- 6. When chicken is done, place chicken, broccoli, sweet onion and baby potatoes on large baking sheet. Cut the baby potatoes in half if desired.
- 7. Drizzle the dressing over top and toss the chicken, broccoli and potatoes to coat.
- 8. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F for approx. 20 minutes or until meat thermometer in the chicken reads 165 degrees F.