It’s finally, finally, finally spring! And slapping the sunblock on the kids and making lemonade on the weekends is a welcome change to winter we just had. (Someone who does not agree with me? Our dog. Poor Bruce Wayne, he would much rather summer was a quick flash of maybe a day or so. He missies the snow.)
When the weather finally does heat up, my Ninja gets a lot more use with smoothies than soups. And this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is no exception.
This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is so easy and super yummy.
Plus, what's better than a complete, fueling mini-meal to get you out the door and on with your day?
It’s one of those recipes I think you’ll keep coming back to again and again. I know I do.
Plus, from a prediabetes perspective, this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie hits all the right notes:
- Source of protein
- Hit of healthy carbs
- A pinch of fibre
- And a whack of calcium, magnesium and potassium
Give it a try and I think you’ll agree: this one is worth keeping on the recipe rotation.
Want to change it up?
Go for almond milk instead of cow’s milk and almond butter instead of peanut butter for a super nutty taste.
Need more chocolate in your life? Add some cocoa powder for a hit of. cocoa-goodness and antioxidants.
This smoothie is a go-to for me when I’m feeling a bit rushed or need a snack – and don’t want to do anything too complicated.
You could even have this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie for lunch with a wrap stuffed with hummus, tomatoes and spinach.
Into more smoothies? Check out this Kale, Strawberry and Avocado Smoothie on my site here too.
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Use a few ice cubes for a thicker consistency. Or you could use the frozen bananas in your freezer and skip the ice cubes.
- Want to increase the protein and fullness factor? Add in 1 Tbsp of protein powder of your choice. I like the hemp or pea protein powders, without any flavouring.