My mom has always made the most uh-maaaazing cranberry bread.
It was tangy and tasty and oh-so delicious.
When it gets into our house, it’s basically gone in 5 minutes flat.
No joke 🙂
Now, lemme tell you.
Although I would love to eat a loaf or two of my Mom’s cranberry bread day in and day out, it’s not the healthiest stuff.
It’s just super delicious.
I can adapt!
So, these Simple and Healthy Cranberry Oat Muffins are inspired by my Mom’s famous recipe with a healthy spin to boost:
- and the Fullness Factor
And the way I see it, the concept of “setting yourself up for success” is a BIG one.
If you’re trying to lose weight, optimize your blood sugars or just feel better, you gotta eat better.
And a huge part of getting healthier foods into you, is prep and planning.
It’s the name of the game!
Personally, I always prep something on Sunday night for the week ahead.
It’s usually not complicated or fancy (‘course) but it could be like:
- Brown rice
- Chopped cucumbers, peppers and carrots
- Boiled Eggs
- Cooked meatballs
- And a salad jar or two
What's Set Yourself Up for Success All About? Watch this vid where I explain it how I see it:
You know what I did this past week?
I prepped my recipe for Chicken with Roasted Rainbow Veggies and then took the chicken out of the freezer Sunday night.
Monday, my hubby popped this baby straight into the oven so he had supper while he was at work (joy of shift work!) and the kids and I had a delish meal when we got home from work and school.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cup quick cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Fresh grated orange rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a 12 count muffin pan with muffin paper cups or brush the muffin tins with canola oil.
- In a medium bowl combine bananas, milk, oil, applesauce and egg. Add flour, oats, cinnamon, orange rind (if using) baking powder and whisk until blended. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool out of the muffin tins completely.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Make double and freeze for another day