It’s summer and summer calls for salsa! This Simple Mango Salsa is my new go-to for pool parties and impromptu get togethers.
I made it up after many long hours researching online, painstaking recipe development and tons of trial and error.
Totally kidding! I got it from a chip bag. For reals.
My favourite chips this summer are these Canadian (woot woot!) Organic Que Pasa Tortilla Chips – the Twist of Lime are really good. And not only do these chips taste really good, they all have a recipe on the side of them. Like this one, a mango salsa, and there’s Roasted Tomatillo Salsa and one with Roasted White Onion Salsa. These are definetly on my to-make list.
Plus, being a major chip-lover, I was pretty pumped to get some inspiration from a chip bag 🙂
This Simple Mango Salsa was a perfect way to use some of my mango from my freezer. My youngest had a year-end wind up at our local park and everyone had to bring a fruit for the giant fruit salad they were making.
Cameron was on mango duty, which was great considering I could easily buy frozen mango chunks (these are my favourite from President’s Choice.)
I picked up two bags of the frozen mango and only used one for the picnic so when I knew we were heading to a pool party and I saw this mango salad recipe on the chip bag, I was allll over it.
I made a few tweaks to the original on the chip bag but mostly, this is the recipe and it turns out amazing every time.
I find in the summertime, I love having my go-tos – whether it’s for:
- a main meal, a great one is this Easy Spiced Chicken with Brown Rice
- appetizer, like this Easy Watermelon Gazpatcho with Mint, that my mom loves to make for her guests
- or a treat, like these Festive Fruit Kabobs (you can be festive in the summer, afterall. Cameron’s current theme at summer camp is Christmas in July!)
And if you’re like me and you want to get outta the kitchen as fast as humanely possible and outside for an evening for a bike ride with the kids, you can turn this into a meal.
Pair this salsa with a your favourite chips and add some leftover chicken or grilled tofu. Volia! Summer supper is served 🙂
Hope you love this Simple Mango Salsa!
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, except for the lime juice and salt
- 2. Add the lime juice and salt last. Stir to combine fully
- 3. Let set in fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving